Complaints of Poor Treatment Could Be Indicative of Abuse

Tampa nursing home abuse attorneyThe decision to place your elderly loved one in a nursing home is always tough. What do you do when your loved one starts to complain of poor treatment? Complaints of poor treatment could be indicative of abuse. Before you act, call a Tampa nursing home abuse attorney.

I Do Not Want My Loved One to Be Punished If I Speak Out
Many families don’t say anything to nursing home staff after complaints of abuse or poor treatment, for fear that their elderly loved one will be “punished” by an angry or abusive staff member. Sometimes even your elderly loved one might complain to friends or family, and then ask them not to speak out for fear of reprisal. Don’t be afraid. The squeaky wheel gets the oil! Let your Tampa nursing home abuse lawyer guide you through the complaint process. Don’t be intimidated, and don’t go it alone.

How Do I Go About Making an Official Complaint?
If you feel that nursing home staff is overwhelmed, undertrained and/or abusive, do not hesitate to act. Keep detailed records of all problems and complaints of poor treatment from your loved one including dates, times and the names of all persons involved. Contact a Tampa nursing home abuse attorney to discuss observations that you have made and any evidence that you have gathered or documented. If you have a strong case, your Tampa nursing home abuse lawyer can help you file a written complaint.

What Are the Signs That My Loved One Is Being Abused?
Signs of abuse include, but are not limited to the following:

  • Bed sores;
  • Over-medication;
  • Under-medication;
  • Broken bones;
  • Sudden weight loss;
  • Poor hygiene; and
  • Dehydration.

If you notice any of the signs above, you might not have time to waste, especially if your loved one is complaining about staff or living conditions. By making just one phone call, you could make all of the difference in the world.

Contact an Experienced Attorney Today
Peter Giroux is an experienced Tampa nursing home abuse attorney. Give him a call at (727) 895-5399. Poor treatment does not have to be tolerated.

This entry was posted in Nursing Home Abuse. Bookmark the permalink.